Registration for the Japanese Language School’s Spring Semester 2017 is now open! The deadline to register is Monday, April 17. Registration will still be open after that date, but you will incur a $25 late fee.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-833-2210.
Language & Culture School
The Japan-America Society offers Japanese and English language instruction and other classes for special cultural activities such as Japanese calligraphy, yoga in Japanese, and kimono classes. Whether you are looking to start fresh or improve your current language skills, or if you want to take up a new traditional Japanese art form, we have it here for you!
Quick Points about the Japanese Language School (JLS)
- All our Japanese classes meet once a week for one and a half hours for ten weeks. Classes are on Monday – Thursday, starting at either 5:20pm or 7:00pm.
- Tuition: $200 for JASWDC members and $275 for non-JASWDC members. There will be a $25 late fee added to the tuition if you sign up after the deadline.
- You can become a member and sign up for a class at the same time.
- If you don’t know which class you should join, stop by our office Monday – Friday, between 9:30am – 5:30pm or contact us at 202-833-2210 or email@example.com.
- All our Japanese classes have a minimum of 4 students and a maximum of 12 students. If the class has less than 4 students, that class will be cancelled.
If your questions are not addressed here, please go to the FAQ page before contacting us.
During 2016 and 2017, JLS plans to begin and end its Japanese language semesters as follows:
Winter 2016: January 11 – March 17 (10 weeks)
Spring 2016: April 25 – June 30 (10 weeks)
Summer 2016: July 11 – September 15 (10 weeks)
Fall 2016: September 26 – December 1 (10 weeks)
Winter 2017: January 9 – March 16 (10 weeks)
Spring 2017: April 24 – June 29 (10 weeks)
Summer 2017: July 10 – September 14 (10 weeks)
Fall 2017: September 25 – November 30 (10 weeks)
Quick points about the English Language School (ELS)
To learn more about the Japanese & English Language Schools >>
In addition to traditional Japanese classes, we offer other opportunities, called Culture Classes, to learn and practice the language such as yoga and networking lunches in Japanese.
Weekly Nihongo (#WeeklyNihongo) is JASWDC’s online-only casual classroom of Japanese learning. Posted weekly on our Facebook by native Japanese learners, Weekly Nihongo teaches our Internet audience about simple grammar, phrases, words, etymology, and fun facts related to the Japanese language using videos and photos. If you need to brush up on certain Japanese grammar points, or want to learn more behind the language that you’re learning, our bite-sized Weekly Nihongo posts are perfect for you.