All members of the Japan-America Society of Washington DC:
- Receive invitations to the Society’s public affairs and cultural programs, luncheons, book signings, lectures, seminars, receptions, beer gardens, sake tastings, bonenkai (year-end party), US-Japan baseball night, and many other professional and social events
- May enroll in the JASWDC school at discounted rates – this includes the language school, cultural classes, and related workshops
- Receive discounted rates to our other programming
- Have the opportunity to join private receptions or invite-only gatherings at Japan-related events throughout the city
- Can receive free tickets or discounted rates for Japan-related programming held by other organizations in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area
- Can network with Japanese and American officials, business leaders, and other members of the Society
- Can access the Society’s library of over 1,500 books, videos, and DVDs on Japan
According to our membership survey, a typical member is American, under 40, works in the private sector, has lived in Japan, and speaks Japanese to some extent. But the truth is our members come in all ages. They are both American and Japanese. Some are senior US Government officials and former Ambassadors, while others are students. Some are world-renowned experts on Japan, while others have only recently become attracted to Japan’s fascinating culture and society.
What unites all of them is a strong interest in Japan and a recognition that the Japan-America Society of Washington is the best way for them to stay in touch with Japan all year long.
Please use the following link to apply for membership. Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us at (202) 833-2210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.