According to our membership survey, a typical member is American, under 40, works in the private sector, has lived in Japan, and speaks Japanese to some extent. But the truth is our members come in all ages. They are both American and Japanese. Some are senior US Government officials and former Ambassadors, while others are students. Some are world-renowned experts on Japan, while others have only recently become attracted to Japan’s fascinating culture and society.
What unites all of them is a strong interest in Japan and a recognition that the Japan-America Society of Washington is the best way for them to stay in touch with Japan all year long.
JASWDC offers Individual Memberships at three levels: Kiku, Tsutsuji, and Ume.
Full Kiku members enjoy the following benefits:
Invitations to JASWDC events such as:
- Annual Tickets to Sakura Matsuri-Japanese Street Festival
- Tickets to Sakura Matsuri Chairman’s Hospitality Reception
- JASWDC Networking Happy Hour Events (at least 6 per year), and occasional event receptions
- Japan 360 Culture and Policy Events
- Occasional exclusive member items and partner events (for example, Cherry Blast 2019 Tickets, invitations to diplomatic functions)
Language and Culture Classes:
- JASWDC Japanese Language School Classes
- JASWDC Cultural Classes (Yoga, Ikebana, Kimono, etc.) & Special Cultural Events (Otsukimi, etc.)
- JASWDC Community Events: JET Book Club, Ohanashikai, Japanese Toastmasters
- Brown Bag Japanese Networking Lunches (twice monthly)
Access to JASWDC Resources
- Access to JASWDC Meditation Room (Coming in 2020/Availability as per JASWDC Calendar)
- Access the Society Library of over 1,500 books on Japan
- Discounted rates at Select Tokyo Hotels (Hotel New Otani, Imperial Hotel Tokyo) (Contact JASWDC before placing reservation)
- Distribution of Weekly Newsletter of JASWDC Events and other DC-Area Japan-Related activities
- All benefits afforded to Sekiwake Corporate Member
Click here for pricing and the full list of benefits offered at different levels of JASWDC Individual Membership. For additional information about corporate membership, please call the Society’s office at 202-833-2210 or email email@example.com.