Advanced Kimono Dressing Class
Thursday, September 26, October 10, 17, 31, November 7, 14
(6 Classes) $300 for JASWDC Members or
$360 for Non-JASWDC Members
Classes are limited to 5 individuals
Students registering for this class should have finished the beginner class or have equivalent skill.
Over the 6-week course, students will learn the following:
- Kimono foundation (3 hand towels and 3 strings)
- How to tie a Nagoya-obi sash (requires Nagoya-obi sash)
- How to tie temusubi Nagoya-obi sash (requires Nagoya-obi sash)
- Date-eri (decorative collars) (requires date-eri)
- Kairyo-obi pillow 1: otaiko-musubi (requires Kairyo-obi pillow)
- Kairyo-obi pillow 2: fukura-suzume-musubi (requires Kairyo-obi pillow and 5 kimono clips)
Any necessary kimono equipment, clothing, etc., can be purchased directly from the kimono instructor.
Instructor: Hideko Uchiyama, from the Hakubi School of Kimono
Since moving to the United States in 2013, Hideko Uchiyama has privately taught 12 semesters of kimono dressing with over 30 students graduating from her classes. She frequently plans and conducts Japanese culture events and workshops relating to kimono culture.
講師：内山 英子（うちやま ひでこ）ハクビ着物学院 教授
Must check - WP faq support by geometricbox