Most people think of Washington DC as a “Government town,” but the reality is that today most area residents work in the private sector. The greater Washington DC area today has the nation’s fourth largest economy after New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. In addition to locally-based firms, most major Japanese and American companies maintain government relations offices in Washington to monitor Federal and international policy developments.
The Society’s many corporate members represent major Japanese and American corporations, industry associations, professional service firms, and smaller entrepreneurial enterprises.
JASWDC offers Corporate Memberships at three levels: Yokozuna, Ozeki, and Sekiwake. Full Yokozuna members enjoy the following benefits:
JASWDC’s Policy Community Networking Events such as
- Corporate Roundtable Policy Breakfasts (6 per year)
- Tickets to Sakura Matsuri Chairman’s Hospitality Reception
- Ticket to JASWDC’s Celebrated Annual Dinner
- Complementary invitations to JASWDC Networking Receptions & Happy Hour Events
- Invitations to occasional JASWDC program VIP receptions and Board Meeting dinners
Access to JASWDC’s Washington D.C. Resources
- Guest use of JASWDC office facilities as downtown DC workspace
- Use of JASWDC office facilities (as available) for corporate events
- Monthly receipt of resumes submitted by Society members with Japan-related experience
- Consultative services leveraging JASWDC’s expansive network and 60+ years of institutional experience as the anchor of U.S. – Japan cultural community in our region
- JASWDC Individual Membership Benefits for Primary Contact
- Listing on the Corporate Membership Roster on the Society’s website
- Logo listed prominently on JASWDC website home page
- Advertising spots in JASWDC newsletter (Japan-related)
- Logo listed prominently on JASWDC newsletter
- Verbal recognition during JASWDC events
Click here for pricing and a list of benefits offered at different levels of JASWDC Corporate Membership. For additional information about corporate membership, please call the Society’s office at 202-833-2210 or email Yuko Smith at email@example.com
Please click here for the JASWDC Corporate Membership Application
Japan-America Society of Washington DC Corporate Members
– All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.
– Ashinaga Inc.
– Astellas US, LLC
– BADANARA, LLC dba/MIKAKU Japanese Restaurant
– Bank of Japan
– Bourbon Foods USA Corporation
– Central Japan Railway Company
– Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
– Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, PC – CPAs and Business Advisors
– Daikaya Group (Daikaya, Haikan, Bantam King)
– Denso Corporation
– DLI NORTH AMERICA INC.
– Dynamic Strategies Asia, LC
– English Now
– Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP
– Fujitsu Limited
– Hitachi, Ltd.
– IACE Travel
– ITOCHU International Inc
– Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association
– Japan Electric Power Information Center, USA
– Japan International Transport Institute
– Marubeni America Corporation
– Mazda Motor of America, Inc.
– Mitsubishi Corporation (Americas)
– Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc
– Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America Inc.
– Mitsui & Co. (USA), Inc.
– Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
– MUFG Bank, Ltd.
– NEC Corporation of America
– Nippon Express (Nittsu)
– NIKKEI Washington Bureau
– NTT Corporation
– San-J International, Inc.
– SanEsu Denki Tsushin KK.
– Sumitomo Corporation of Americas
– Toshiba America, Inc.
– Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
– Washington CORE
– Washington Japanese Language School