Most people think of Washington DC as a “Government town,” but the reality is that today most area residents work in the private sector. The greater Washington DC area today has the nation’s fourth largest economy after New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. In addition to locally-based firms, most major Japanese and American companies maintain government relations offices in Washington to monitor Federal and international policy developments.
The Society’s many corporate members represent major Japanese and American corporations, industry associations, professional service firms, and smaller entrepreneurial enterprises.
JASWDC offers Corporate Memberships at three levels: Yokozuna, Ozeki, and Sekiwake. A Komusubi level is also available to non-profits, academic institutions, or small businesses.
Full Yokozuna members enjoy the following benefits:
JASWDC’s Policy Community Networking Events such as
- Corporate Roundtable Policy Breakfasts (6 per year)
- Tickets to Sakura Matsuri Chairman’s Hospitality Reception
- Ticket to JASWDC’s Celebrated Annual Dinner
- Complementary invitations to JASWDC Networking Receptions & Happy Hour Events
- Invitations to occasional JASWDC program VIP receptions and Board Meeting dinners
Access to JASWDC’s Washington D.C. Resources
- Guest use of JASWDC office facilities as downtown DC workspace
- Use of JASWDC office facilities (as available) for corporate events
- Monthly receipt of resumes submitted by Society members with Japan-related experience
- Consultative services leveraging JASWDC’s expansive network and 60+ years of institutional experience as the anchor of U.S. – Japan cultural community in our region
- JASWDC Individual Membership Benefits for Primary Contact
- Listing on the Corporate Membership Roster on the Society’s website
- Logo listed prominently on JASWDC website home page
- Advertising spots in JASWDC newsletter (Japan-related)
- Logo listed prominently on JASWDC newsletter
- Verbal recognition during JASWDC events
Click here for pricing and a list of benefits offered at different levels of JASWDC Corporate Membership. For additional information about corporate membership, please call the Society’s office at 202-833-2210 or email Yuko Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Japan-America Society of Washington DC Corporate Members
Yokozuna Level Members
All Nippon Airways Co. LTD (ANA)
Astellas US, LLC
Ozeki Level Members
Edwards Lifesciences, Inc.
Marubeni America Corporation
Mazda Motor of America, Inc.
NEC Corporation of America
Sekiwake Level Members
BADANARA, LLC dba/MIKAKU Japanese Restauraunt
Bourbon Foods USA Corporation
Bank of Japan
Central Japan Railway Company
Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell PC – CPAs and Business Advisors
DLI North America Inc.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP
Fuji Television Network News
Honda North America, Inc.
ITOCHU International, Inc.
Japan Automobile Manufacturers
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Mitsui & Co. (USA), Inc.
MUFG Bank, Ltd.
NIKKEI Washington Bureau
NITTSU Nippon Express USA, Inc
North American Subaru, Inc.
SanEsu Denki Tsushin KK.
San-J International, Inc.
Toshiba America, Inc.
Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Komusubi Level Members
Dynamic Strategies Asia, LC
Japan Electric Power Information Center, USA
Japan International Transport
Washington Japanese Language School